- Tools & Workshop >
- Top Tools 2012: Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket
Top Tools 2012: Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket
Stay extra warm and charge your mobile device with Milkwaukee's USB-equipped heated jacket.
Why You'll Love It: The lightweight M12 Heated Jacket provides heavy-duty warmth and comfort for up to six hours. Even techies can get on board, because there's a powered USB port for charging portable electronics.
The Full Scoop: If you haven't heard, Milwaukee has a clothing line that takes advantage of lithium-ion M12 batteries' small form factor.
Earlier this year Milwaukee expanded its lineup of heated jackets to include additional styles, the much-requested all-black among them. But if black isn't your favorite color, Milwaukee still offers a classic red and camouflage pattern.
Each jacket features carbon fiber heating elements throughout the chest and upper back, plus a separately controlled heating element within the pockets.
The battery is conveniently stored in a hidden back pouch and can be expanded to hold an XC battery with twice the runtime.
Three different heat settings are controlled by a button located on the lapel. At the lowest setting, you can enjoy continuous heat for about six hours!
The jacket shell is water- and wind-resistant, and Milwaukee layered the inside with a fleece liner. The upgraded battery adapter features a battery fuel gauge and a powered USB port for charging electronics. You can snake the USB cord to the chest pocket or lower left pocket with the sewn-in velcro channels.
The Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket costs $199 and includes one M12 RedLithium battery and 30-minute battery charger.
Author Bio: Ethan Hagan is the primary editor at One Project Closer; visit to read additional tool reviews, expert project guides, and more. OPC is unique in that just about every how-to article features the work of an experienced professional contractor.
- 10 Popular Driveway Options to Welcome You Home
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 15 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 20 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Reasons to Love Architectural Salvage
- 10 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Painted Cabinets: 10 Reasons to Transform Yours Now
- Kitchen Flooring: 8 Popular Choices
- 10 "Dream-Worthy" Swimming Pools
- Paint Guide: 10 Essentials for Successful House Painting
- Murphy Beds: 9 Hide-Away Sleepers
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Home Security
- 12 Ways to Put Your Home on an Energy Diet
- 13 Easy Ways to Repurpose Antique Armoires
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic House Styles
- 10 Things to Do with... Cross-Cut Trees