- Tools & Workshop >
- Top Tools 2012: Maxxeon WorkStar 220 LED
Top Tools 2012: Maxxeon WorkStar 220 LED
Maxxeon's pencil-thin pocket flashlight casts a whopping 140 lumens of LED light over an unexpectedly wide area.
- Photo: Maxxeon
Why You'll Love It: The Maxxeon Workstar 220 Pocket Floodlight is a super-slim flashlight that puts out an incredible 140 lumens! This light is powered by three AAAA batteries, measures 6" long, and only weighs 1 ounce.
The Full Scoop: Maxxeon calls the Workstar 220 a "floodlight", because it projects a wide beam of light—at a distance of 1' from an object, the beam is about 1' wide. This water-resistant body and head are composed of a semi-rugged anodized aluminum. Impressively, the flashlight measures only 9/16" at its widest point.
Three AAAA batteries are behind the Workstar's whopping 140 lumens (the similarly sized Mini Maglite LED only puts out 77 lumens, according to Maglite.com). While some manufacturers opt for harder-to-find batteries—for instance, CR123A Lithium photo cells—Maxxeon designed its light around the more widely used AAAA. The Maglite offers "4 selectable [light] modes", but the WorkStar 220 is all business.
The price for the Maxxeon WorkStar 220 is $31.95, and that's on par with other LED flashlights.
Author Bio: Ethan Hagan is the primary editor at One Project Closer; visit to read additional tool reviews, expert project guides, and more. OPC is unique in that just about every how-to article features the work of an experienced professional contractor.
- 10 Popular Driveway Options to Welcome You Home
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 15 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 20 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Reasons to Love Architectural Salvage
- 10 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Painted Cabinets: 10 Reasons to Transform Yours Now
- Kitchen Flooring: 8 Popular Choices
- 10 "Dream-Worthy" Swimming Pools
- Paint Guide: 10 Essentials for Successful House Painting
- Murphy Beds: 9 Hide-Away Sleepers
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Home Security
- 12 Ways to Put Your Home on an Energy Diet
- 13 Easy Ways to Repurpose Antique Armoires
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic House Styles
- 10 Things to Do with... Cross-Cut Trees