- Tools & Workshop >
- Blog Stars: In the Workshop
Blog Stars: In the Workshop
Meet four do-it-yourselfers who are creating their dream surroundings and blogging about the experience.
They are the heroes of their own dramatic real-life home makeovers. They save buildings from demise, rescue materials from the trash, increase the value of their homes, and post their adventures regularly on their blogs. They are a wired breed of make-it/fix-it enthusiasts who mix the business of home improvement with the pleasure of doing it themselves, then chronicling their experience.
There are thousands of DIYers who write about the process of creating their dream surroundings. For some, it’s a full-time job; for others it’s an after-hours and weekend passion. As readers, we're impressed by many bloggers' skill and knowledge, as well as by their practical thrift, modern ingenuity, and refreshing fearlessness. We are entertained by their stories and videos. We “like” them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, and save their pretty pictures to Pinterest.
Kit Stansley, John Clarke Mills, Emily Winters (pictured at right), and Pete Fazio are four DIY documentarians out of hundreds who have captured our attention. They use laptops, cellphones, and cameras in conjunction with their cherished power and hand tools, and are as committed to finishing their to-do lists as they are to educating and inspiring the readers of their blogs and tweets. We are smitten with Kit’s authentic humor-laced gruel, intrigued by John’s thoughtful and updated period restoration, and curious about the way Emily and Pete balance DIY passion with romantic love. We hope you feel the same.
- 10 Popular Driveway Options to Welcome You Home
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 15 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 20 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Reasons to Love Architectural Salvage
- 10 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Painted Cabinets: 10 Reasons to Transform Yours Now
- Kitchen Flooring: 8 Popular Choices
- 10 "Dream-Worthy" Swimming Pools
- Paint Guide: 10 Essentials for Successful House Painting
- Murphy Beds: 9 Hide-Away Sleepers
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Home Security
- 12 Ways to Put Your Home on an Energy Diet
- 13 Easy Ways to Repurpose Antique Armoires
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic House Styles
- 10 Things to Do with... Cross-Cut Trees