- How To's & Quick Tips >
- 3 Easy DIY Wreaths
3 Easy DIY Wreaths
Transform a standard evergreen wreath into three distinctive show-stoppers.
One of the easiest ways to decorate your home for the holidays is with a seasonal wreath. There are many options available, from pine-studded, ribbon-draped, natural pine variations to those bearing dried fruits, nuts, berries, bells, and more. And of course, there are artificial wreaths that not only offer seasonal cheer, but also the benefit of long-term storage and reuse.
You don't need to spend a lot of money to add some beautiful holiday cheer to your front door, mantel, window, or family room. Nicole Esposito Polly, a New York-based floral designer, decorator, and former style director at Country Living magazine, shows us just how easy it is to transform a standard evergreen wreath into three distinctive show-stoppers.
Starting out with a basic evergreen wreath (available in abundance—and at reasonable prices—at home and garden centers, farmer's markets, tree farms, and even many grocery store chains), and equipped with some basic tools and supplies, Nicole shows us how to create three different special holiday creations.
If you think the Pinecone Holiday Wreath (at right) is a beauty, wait until you see what she was able to do with Vintage Ornaments and Children's Building Blocks. Grab your own wreath and start customizing!
- 10 Popular Driveway Options to Welcome You Home
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 15 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 20 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Reasons to Love Architectural Salvage
- 10 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Painted Cabinets: 10 Reasons to Transform Yours Now
- Kitchen Flooring: 8 Popular Choices
- 10 "Dream-Worthy" Swimming Pools
- Paint Guide: 10 Essentials for Successful House Painting
- Murphy Beds: 9 Hide-Away Sleepers
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Home Security
- 12 Ways to Put Your Home on an Energy Diet
- 13 Easy Ways to Repurpose Antique Armoires
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic House Styles
- 10 Things to Do with... Cross-Cut Trees