- Kitchen >
- Kitchen Layouts: 4 "Space-Smart" Plans
Kitchen Layouts: 4 "Space-Smart" Plans
The best kitchen remodels begin from the floor up. Here are four smart and efficient layouts to consider for your home.
Kitchen remodeling requires careful planning to be truly successful. Before you start selecting cabinets, countertops, flooring and appliances, you need to settle on a kitchen layout. Determine how you like to cook and entertain in your kitchen. Do you cook alone or with someone? Is your kitchen a multi-purpose room where kids do homework and friends love to gather? Keep track of what currently works well and what doesn’t.
We have provided four "smart" kitchen layouts, starting with the Galley-style below. Click the subsequent pages to see examples of L-shaped, G-shaped, and Corridor-style floor plans.
Reprinted with permission from "Right-Sizing Your Home: How To Make Your House Fit Your Lifestyle " by Gale Steves (Northwest Arm Press: 2010).
- 10 Popular Driveway Options to Welcome You Home
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 15 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 20 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Reasons to Love Architectural Salvage
- 10 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Painted Cabinets: 10 Reasons to Transform Yours Now
- Kitchen Flooring: 8 Popular Choices
- 10 "Dream-Worthy" Swimming Pools
- Paint Guide: 10 Essentials for Successful House Painting
- Murphy Beds: 9 Hide-Away Sleepers
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Home Security
- 12 Ways to Put Your Home on an Energy Diet
- 13 Easy Ways to Repurpose Antique Armoires
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic House Styles
- 10 Things to Do with... Cross-Cut Trees