- How To's & Quick Tips >
- Quick Tip: Make Your Home More Romantic
Quick Tip: Make Your Home More Romantic
For less than the price of a romantic night on the town, you can make your home romance-ready year round.
- Photo: shutterstock.com
Romance truly begins the minute you walk in the front door. “When the outside world clutters our inside lives, it’s harder to get to the point where you can reconnect,” says decorating coach Kathryn Salyer of mydecoratingcoach.com.
You may have caught the word “clutter.” Considering that the kitchen is a hub of household activity, it has the potential to be hectic or serene—and that feeling starts with the atmosphere. Start by clearing your line of sight by getting rid of all the unnecessary magazines, junk mail, utensils, and anything that takes up space without adding beauty or value. “Uncluttering your home and uncluttering your heads gives you the freedom to be romantic,” Salyer says. One suggestion: Create separate bins for catalogs, bills, and electronics and place those bins on a shelf.
Now you have room to add some relaxation-inspiring accessories. Consider special-occasion wine glasses or a wine cooler to chill wine to just the right temperature—even at the last minute.
If breakfast is more your cup of tea, consider an individual brewing system that allows one of you to brew a latte while the other makes hot chocolate.
- 10 Popular Driveway Options to Welcome You Home
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 15 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 20 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Reasons to Love Architectural Salvage
- 10 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Painted Cabinets: 10 Reasons to Transform Yours Now
- Kitchen Flooring: 8 Popular Choices
- 10 "Dream-Worthy" Swimming Pools
- Paint Guide: 10 Essentials for Successful House Painting
- Murphy Beds: 9 Hide-Away Sleepers
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Home Security
- 12 Ways to Put Your Home on an Energy Diet
- 13 Easy Ways to Repurpose Antique Armoires
- Bob Vila's Guide to Historic House Styles
- 10 Things to Do with... Cross-Cut Trees