A community of bloggers who live and die to DIY
Before & After: DIY Play Kitchen
By DIY Show Off on Apr 19, 2012
I’ve introduced you to Tanya from
in the past. She has some awesome DIY skills and talent. She recently made a play kitchen for her little cousin. This is one of the sweetest hand made gifts ever!
See full tutorial at DIY Play Kitchen Reveal.
Awesome after photos:
I am so smitten with this kitchen and all of that fun food and accessories!
- Microwave stand: $6.99 (included cute, wooden handles that I painted)
- Faucet: $15.00 (with a bit of negotiating, bought from kijiji.ca)
- “Sink”: $3.99 (it’s actually a stainless mixing bowl from the thrift store)
- “Element”: $1.25 (a cork trivet from dollarama)
- Wood for shelf brackets + dowel: $5.00
- Primer & paint: leftovers
- Legs: Free! (Mom had them lying around)
Total kitchen cost, having paid the tax man (but minus accessories): $34.65
LInks to the DIY accessories:
- Vintage Melmac dishes are a fun, unbreakable, kid-sized dishware option
- Hand sewn tea towels in just the right size
- Teeny tiny matching pot holders
- Spray painted accessories for some colour
- More play kitchen inspiration
Tanya! You’re the best cousin ever! This is just so sweet, so amazing. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing. I definitely need to add this to my DIY list for my nephew’s 3rd birthday. I love that you kept things neutral and included a set of ‘boyish’ accessories too…
I love ALL of Tanya’s DIY. She is super talented. Please visit her at
to pin from the original source and see MORE great DIY ideas!
blog comments powered by Disqus