A community of bloggers who live and die to DIY
Easy Ottoman Makeover
By DIY Show Off on Apr 20, 2012
Wow! Martha from
makes her ottoman makeover so easy, I want to tear mine apart right now and give it a makeover! Take a look at this for inspiration:
Thrift store ottoman – before shot:
1. First, remove upholstery nails and save for use on the finished piece.
2. She covered the top and sides with the same fabric (so that it would show through the burlap).
3. Next she covered the sides with strips of coffee sacks.
4. She painted the legs to bring the light cream.
5. Martha used tacky glue and duct tape (to hold in place) to tack down the sides/seams.
After an hour or so of drying, She simply removed the duct tape.
Isn’t this so fun? I love the mix of striped fabric with grain sack burlap! Great job, Martha!
What do you think? Love it, right?!
To pin from the original source and see more amazing DIY from Martha (so many furniture makeovers with lots of helpful tips) at
blog comments powered by Disqus