A community of bloggers who live and die to DIY
Interior Inspiration: Designing an Industrial Farmhouse Kitchen
By Blissfully Ever After on Mar 18, 2014
If you’ve been following along with us for the past few months you may have seen that we finally sold our house (bitter sweet) but with that hurdle completed, we are now in the processes of designing and building our custom home. We have been planning to build our home for about 5 years now and during that time I’ve been clipping ideas from magazines, pinning ideas on Pinterest (check out of our “The New House” board here), and keeping a list of the features the home had to have to make it worth it for us to move. Did I mention how exhausting it is to move? Ya…I don’t want to have to do this again for a longggg time.
So far we have our custom house plans designed and submitted to our builder and we are in the process of getting our loan items completed so we can break ground and start the actual building of the home sometime in May (fingers crossed this all goes as planned).
Since I am in limbo right now without a home of our own to work on, I am putting together design boards to make our ideas come to life for each space in the new house. Today, I am excited to share with you our Kitchen Inspiration Design Board for the new house.
THE MUST-HAVE ITEMS FOR OUR NEW KITCHEN:
1. Farmhouse/Apron Sink
2. Stainless Steel Appliances (french door with drawers fridge, double freestanding range, and dishwasher…we are forgoing a microwave in the new house…more info on that coming)
3. Marble look countertops (either granite or quartz)
4. Full subway tile backsplash
5. Dark handscraped hardwood floors
6. White Shaker Style Cabinets (we’re thinking White Dove [a Benjamin Moore color]
7. 3 Pendant Lights over the island
8. Black Matte faucet and hardware
9. Industrial stools (I’m debating on the ones above or a couple others that really look cool)
10. Industrial decor elements…I’m really loving that clock and I want to make big letters that spell EAT.
HERE ARE SOME INSPIRATION PHOTOS FOR OUR NEW SPACE:
So what do you think of our plans for the new kitchen?
Do you love the Industrial Farmhouse look too?