- News >
- BobVila.com Is Hiring A Fall Marketing/Edit Intern
BobVila.com Is Hiring A Fall Marketing/Edit Intern
Does web marketing fascinate you? Do you have a flare for writing? Would you like the chance to work with legendary TV icon and #1 guru of home improvement, Bob Vila? We want to hear from you! BobVila.com, a rapidly growing site in the home & garden category, seeks a Fall Intern to join our team to assist with web marketing and content production. Responsibilities include:
• Create online media kit/sales materials for BobVila.com, an advertising-driven website
• Monitor daily alerts on advertisers in the shelter space, and generate creative ideas on marketing services for BobVila.com to provide to advertisers
• Contribute to creative concepts and presentation production for custom marketing proposals for advertisers
• Edit slide shows, blog posts, and videos to increase their discoverability by search engines (“search engine optimization” ... we’ll teach you how!)
• Assist in production of slideshows in BobVila.com’s content management system
Our version of “rock star” is someone familiar with a web publishing platform like WordPress, Tumblr, BlogSpot ... an affinity for the DIY / home improvement / shelter space ... demonstrated interest in marketing ... skill with analytics ... and savviness in writing.
This internship is a paid freelance position of 10 – 20 hours/week, plus school credit where possible, with a minimum three-month commitment. In either case, as we grow, there is potential for advancement to a paid full-time staff position with benefits! Applicants may work from our offices in Manhattan or from home, at their election.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Gretchen Grant, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.