Household gas appliances—from ovens to clothes dryers—are built to last decades. Proper appliance maintenance and safe operation are the two most important elements in the long life of your appliance and the health and safety of your family. Follow the guide below to ensure you’re caring and using your gas appliances safely.
It’s critical to remember that gas is combustible, so be sure never to store rags, paper or dry wood next to your gas appliance. Also, don’t store anything flammable like gasoline, insecticide, and cleaning products in the same room as a gas appliance, especially those that produce heat, such as your furnace or dryer.
Appliance Proper use
It sounds obvious: only use your gas appliance as it was intended. In other words, don’t use the gas oven or range to heat your home. These appliances weren’t meant for that sustained use, which could cause damage to the appliance or potential fire in your home.
Gas appliances need free flowing air to operate correctly. Make sure any non-flammable items that are stored near a gas appliance aren’t blocking the airflow or vents. Replace filters on appliances regularly and according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Appliance Professional maintenance
Be sure to have all gas appliances inspected each year by a licensed professional or your gas company to keep appliances operating efficiently and safely. One important issue to have checked annually is the levels of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and toxic gas formed when the gas in your appliance is burned with too little oxygen. This improper combustion is most often caused by improper installation, poor maintenance or appliance failure. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause flu-like symptoms, such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, and vomiting, as well as shortness of breath and confusion. Note: If you suspect carbon monoxide is leaking from your appliances, call a professional right away. Don’t wait for your yearly service call. Some common signs that your appliance might be emitting the gas are a large, yellow burner flame or a pungent odor coming from the appliance when it’s running.
Appliance, Heating and AC Repair San Antonio
We are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We specialize in Major Appliance Repair, Air Conditioning/ Heating Repair, Washer Repair, Dryer Repair, Refrigerator Repair, Stove Repair, Oven Repair, Microwave Repair, Dishwasher Repair and Disposal Repair. We service San Antonio County and our service call is free with the repair.
Call toll Free: 210 538-9875
San Antonio Appliance Repair