I was needing some advice on privacy fencing on slopped property. Which is the better chioce, fencing or trees? I have dogs that I don't want roaming the neighborhood, but I also have prying neighbors that is always looking to see what I am doing. I can't decide which is the best and the cheapest. Please help.
How about the invisible fence for the dog and then trees? Otherwise, try 6-foot high privacy fencing and then pick a few spots where you plant tall trees, to reduce the cost. We got thuja arborvitae that are considered fast growing and they have grown 4-5 feet in 3 years (with a little fertilizing after the first year!) Buy the trees around 3-4 feet to start if you really want them to grow tall. Some can be trimmed like a hedge so they don't get too tall.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight