My house is a split level, built in 1994 located just north of St. Paul, MN. We had hail damage in the summer of 2008 and had the siding and roof replaced, complete tear off and shingle. First I noticed over this past winter (and possibly last winter) that the humitidy was high in the house. So much so that there was constant condinsation on the windows which has led to mold. Then I noticed that the sheetrock in my bathroom was wet below the light switch. After removing the sheetrock I traced the source to condensation from the furnace pipe (sheet metal) that runs through the bathroom wall. I've had the roofing company out 3 times and they say the roof and venting is fine, also ruled out ice dams. I did not have any issues in the 15 years prior to the roof being replaced. I've included some pictures and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hmmm....it sounds like to me that your storm damage repair company may have hit something. Have you had a contractor come out and give you his best guess? I would talk to a different Indianapolis hail damage repair company and get a second opinion to see if they could see what the first company did.
I had the same problem last year, but it was from ice dams I think. I had just redone my gutters and put covers on them, but the ice dams caused leaking too. It made me wonder do gutter guards really work?. I still think they do, but the way the water drains at my house, I think these ice dams and leaks are going to be a constant issue.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight