My house is a split level, built in 1994 located just north of St. Paul, MN. We had hail damage in the summer of 2008 and had the siding and roof replaced, complete tear off and shingle. First I noticed over this past winter (and possibly last winter) that the humitidy was high in the house. So much so that there was constant condinsation on the windows which has led to mold. Then I noticed that the sheetrock in my bathroom was wet below the light switch. After removing the sheetrock I traced the source to condensation from the furnace pipe (sheet metal) that runs through the bathroom wall. I've had the roofing company out 3 times and they say the roof and venting is fine, also ruled out ice dams. I did not have any issues in the 15 years prior to the roof being replaced. I've included some pictures and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hmmm....it sounds like to me that your storm damage repair company may have hit something. Have you had a contractor come out and give you his best guess? I would talk to a different Indianapolis hail damage repair company and get a second opinion to see if they could see what the first company did.
I had the same problem last year, but it was from ice dams I think. I had just redone my gutters and put covers on them, but the ice dams caused leaking too. It made me wonder do gutter guards really work?. I still think they do, but the way the water drains at my house, I think these ice dams and leaks are going to be a constant issue.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!