Dear Bob Vila,
I am undecided about whether to buy a Riddex Pulse device or not. It is an electric pest repeller that repels pests such as cockroaches, rats, and mice. Do these devices repel pests? Do other brands of this type of device repel pests? If not, then what should I do about pests? Should I buy common pesticides and pest repellers like Raid and Combat, buy more expensive but lesser-known products, or buy organic products? I have heard that some organic products can kill or repel pests even if they were not originally meant to.
I have seen small and medium-sized cockroaches in one of my two bathtubs. How did they get into it? Did they emerge from cracks at the rim where the bathtub and the three walls meet or from the drain? Should I put bait in this bathtub or spray it? I do not think that I should, because I use this bathtub often.
Recently, I saw a large cockroach on the floor of the bathroom where the bathtub already has cockroaches. I have not seen cockroaches elsewhere in my home so far this year, but I am sure that I will see them.
I saw a rat or a mouse a few years. And I have heard them gnawing or scratching and squeaking. But I have not seen nor heard them in a few years. I did not do anything to rid them from my home.
I want to permanently eliminate ALL pests, not only cockroaches, rats and mice, from my home, and prevent them from returning. I was stung by bedbugs a few months ago. Now, I am being stung by mosquitoes. There are small flies in the bathroom that has cockroaches. And I see centipedes, lice, ants, and spiders.
So, what should I do? You may respond in this forum or email me at email@example.com.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them