I have a Coleman Furnace with a AC unit. I am trying to change out my old wore out Thermostat, I bought a York model #2th07701024 thermostat. I have two wires coming from the furnace because there is a switch on the unit that controls the heat and ac. I know to hook the red wire to the RC terminal on the new thermostat and the white wire to the W terminal. It has a red jumper wire from the RH to RC terminal and a yellow wire to a Y terminal. The instruction talk about a single transformer to move the yellow wire from terminal Y to A. How do I know if I have a single transformer. How do I hook this up to a two wire system.
If this is a line voltage setup then you can't use that thermostat. It will fry on the spot. If you only have 2 wires going to the thermostat they go to RH and RC. That's all you need to worry about.
So have you fixed the problem that you were having? I see that many people have problems with the remote for their coleman furnace. Have you ever thought of switching to a designer radiator instead? There are friends who told me those are great for heating and they do not take up so much space, and some designs look great!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!