I have a Coleman Furnace with a AC unit. I am trying to change out my old wore out Thermostat, I bought a York model #2th07701024 thermostat. I have two wires coming from the furnace because there is a switch on the unit that controls the heat and ac. I know to hook the red wire to the RC terminal on the new thermostat and the white wire to the W terminal. It has a red jumper wire from the RH to RC terminal and a yellow wire to a Y terminal. The instruction talk about a single transformer to move the yellow wire from terminal Y to A. How do I know if I have a single transformer. How do I hook this up to a two wire system.
If this is a line voltage setup then you can't use that thermostat. It will fry on the spot. If you only have 2 wires going to the thermostat they go to RH and RC. That's all you need to worry about.
So have you fixed the problem that you were having? I see that many people have problems with the remote for their coleman furnace. Have you ever thought of switching to a designer radiator instead? There are friends who told me those are great for heating and they do not take up so much space, and some designs look great!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!