I have a Coleman Furnace with a AC unit. I am trying to change out my old wore out Thermostat, I bought a York model #2th07701024 thermostat. I have two wires coming from the furnace because there is a switch on the unit that controls the heat and ac. I know to hook the red wire to the RC terminal on the new thermostat and the white wire to the W terminal. It has a red jumper wire from the RH to RC terminal and a yellow wire to a Y terminal. The instruction talk about a single transformer to move the yellow wire from terminal Y to A. How do I know if I have a single transformer. How do I hook this up to a two wire system.
If this is a line voltage setup then you can't use that thermostat. It will fry on the spot. If you only have 2 wires going to the thermostat they go to RH and RC. That's all you need to worry about.
So have you fixed the problem that you were having? I see that many people have problems with the remote for their coleman furnace. Have you ever thought of switching to a designer radiator instead? There are friends who told me those are great for heating and they do not take up so much space, and some designs look great!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight