I have a Coleman Furnace with a AC unit. I am trying to change out my old wore out Thermostat, I bought a York model #2th07701024 thermostat. I have two wires coming from the furnace because there is a switch on the unit that controls the heat and ac. I know to hook the red wire to the RC terminal on the new thermostat and the white wire to the W terminal. It has a red jumper wire from the RH to RC terminal and a yellow wire to a Y terminal. The instruction talk about a single transformer to move the yellow wire from terminal Y to A. How do I know if I have a single transformer. How do I hook this up to a two wire system.
If this is a line voltage setup then you can't use that thermostat. It will fry on the spot. If you only have 2 wires going to the thermostat they go to RH and RC. That's all you need to worry about.
So have you fixed the problem that you were having? I see that many people have problems with the remote for their coleman furnace. Have you ever thought of switching to a designer radiator instead? There are friends who told me those are great for heating and they do not take up so much space, and some designs look great!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!