I have a Coleman Furnace with a AC unit. I am trying to change out my old wore out Thermostat, I bought a York model #2th07701024 thermostat. I have two wires coming from the furnace because there is a switch on the unit that controls the heat and ac. I know to hook the red wire to the RC terminal on the new thermostat and the white wire to the W terminal. It has a red jumper wire from the RH to RC terminal and a yellow wire to a Y terminal. The instruction talk about a single transformer to move the yellow wire from terminal Y to A. How do I know if I have a single transformer. How do I hook this up to a two wire system.
If this is a line voltage setup then you can't use that thermostat. It will fry on the spot. If you only have 2 wires going to the thermostat they go to RH and RC. That's all you need to worry about.
So have you fixed the problem that you were having? I see that many people have problems with the remote for their coleman furnace. Have you ever thought of switching to a designer radiator instead? There are friends who told me those are great for heating and they do not take up so much space, and some designs look great!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes