Recently lost any function in a number of outlets on one circuit in the kitchen. I was only running the coffee pot when it happened and the breaker did not trip. I used a receptacle tester and did not get any signal out of any outlet.
First test for a tripped gfci. If not then what you do is turn off the breaker for that circuit and open each box for that circuit and check for wires that came off the terminal or back wired"push in" connections that came off. Just make sure you turned off the correct breaker and check for power before you touch anything.Get yourself a non contact voltage tester they come in handy.
Not too long after we moved into Pandora's House, we had several outlets go dead, along with all the lights in the bedrooms. It nearly drove us nuts trying to figure it out until my uncle pushed the gfci in the bathroom. The guy that wired the fans and new plugs, put them all together. May not be your issue but it helped us when we thought outside the box (no pun intended).
Circuit Breaker shutting down but not tripping?
Dead Circuit? How do I bring it back?
2 pole breaker tripped, garage door still works through
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes