Recently lost any function in a number of outlets on one circuit in the kitchen. I was only running the coffee pot when it happened and the breaker did not trip. I used a receptacle tester and did not get any signal out of any outlet.
First test for a tripped gfci. If not then what you do is turn off the breaker for that circuit and open each box for that circuit and check for wires that came off the terminal or back wired"push in" connections that came off. Just make sure you turned off the correct breaker and check for power before you touch anything.Get yourself a non contact voltage tester they come in handy.
Not too long after we moved into Pandora's House, we had several outlets go dead, along with all the lights in the bedrooms. It nearly drove us nuts trying to figure it out until my uncle pushed the gfci in the bathroom. The guy that wired the fans and new plugs, put them all together. May not be your issue but it helped us when we thought outside the box (no pun intended).
Dead Circuit? How do I bring it back?
dead outlets but breaker not tripped
2 pole breaker tripped, garage door still works through
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers