Recently lost any function in a number of outlets on one circuit in the kitchen. I was only running the coffee pot when it happened and the breaker did not trip. I used a receptacle tester and did not get any signal out of any outlet.
First test for a tripped gfci. If not then what you do is turn off the breaker for that circuit and open each box for that circuit and check for wires that came off the terminal or back wired"push in" connections that came off. Just make sure you turned off the correct breaker and check for power before you touch anything.Get yourself a non contact voltage tester they come in handy.
Not too long after we moved into Pandora's House, we had several outlets go dead, along with all the lights in the bedrooms. It nearly drove us nuts trying to figure it out until my uncle pushed the gfci in the bathroom. The guy that wired the fans and new plugs, put them all together. May not be your issue but it helped us when we thought outside the box (no pun intended).
Circuit Breaker shutting down but not tripping?
Dead Circuit? How do I bring it back?
2 pole breaker tripped, garage door still works through
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates