Recently lost any function in a number of outlets on one circuit in the kitchen. I was only running the coffee pot when it happened and the breaker did not trip. I used a receptacle tester and did not get any signal out of any outlet.
First test for a tripped gfci. If not then what you do is turn off the breaker for that circuit and open each box for that circuit and check for wires that came off the terminal or back wired"push in" connections that came off. Just make sure you turned off the correct breaker and check for power before you touch anything.Get yourself a non contact voltage tester they come in handy.
Not too long after we moved into Pandora's House, we had several outlets go dead, along with all the lights in the bedrooms. It nearly drove us nuts trying to figure it out until my uncle pushed the gfci in the bathroom. The guy that wired the fans and new plugs, put them all together. May not be your issue but it helped us when we thought outside the box (no pun intended).
Circuit Breaker shutting down but not tripping?
Dead Circuit? How do I bring it back?
2 pole breaker tripped, garage door still works through
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets