We got Granite countertops installed in our kitchen. The granite is "Kashmir Gold" and is 2 inches thick. The installer told us that the granite was sealed and we should wait for 24 hrs before cleaning it and using it. We did that.
As soon as we start using it, we see that water is staining it but the stain goes away in a few hours. Oil is also staining it and this stain does not seem to go away.
I contacted the installer and he says that this is a problem with this kind of granite. He also goes on to say that the oil stain will go away in a few weeks.
He offers a 20% discount or complete replacement of the granite for free right away. He's not budged on a bunch of things before and seems to offer the discount too easily. Is there something else that could be going on that I should be concerned about?
Sorry about the long post..
Good point from danielleb. I would ask what the guarantee is on installation. Also ask what "grade" of granite it is. It's commonly known in the trades that there are 2-3 grades of granite and the slabs are priced accordingly. If this was the lowest grade, perhaps you want to upgrade. Just don't tell the installer that right away or they will push for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY