We got Granite countertops installed in our kitchen. The granite is "Kashmir Gold" and is 2 inches thick. The installer told us that the granite was sealed and we should wait for 24 hrs before cleaning it and using it. We did that.
As soon as we start using it, we see that water is staining it but the stain goes away in a few hours. Oil is also staining it and this stain does not seem to go away.
I contacted the installer and he says that this is a problem with this kind of granite. He also goes on to say that the oil stain will go away in a few weeks.
He offers a 20% discount or complete replacement of the granite for free right away. He's not budged on a bunch of things before and seems to offer the discount too easily. Is there something else that could be going on that I should be concerned about?
Sorry about the long post..
Good point from danielleb. I would ask what the guarantee is on installation. Also ask what "grade" of granite it is. It's commonly known in the trades that there are 2-3 grades of granite and the slabs are priced accordingly. If this was the lowest grade, perhaps you want to upgrade. Just don't tell the installer that right away or they will push for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight