We got Granite countertops installed in our kitchen. The granite is "Kashmir Gold" and is 2 inches thick. The installer told us that the granite was sealed and we should wait for 24 hrs before cleaning it and using it. We did that.
As soon as we start using it, we see that water is staining it but the stain goes away in a few hours. Oil is also staining it and this stain does not seem to go away.
I contacted the installer and he says that this is a problem with this kind of granite. He also goes on to say that the oil stain will go away in a few weeks.
He offers a 20% discount or complete replacement of the granite for free right away. He's not budged on a bunch of things before and seems to offer the discount too easily. Is there something else that could be going on that I should be concerned about?
Sorry about the long post..
Good point from danielleb. I would ask what the guarantee is on installation. Also ask what "grade" of granite it is. It's commonly known in the trades that there are 2-3 grades of granite and the slabs are priced accordingly. If this was the lowest grade, perhaps you want to upgrade. Just don't tell the installer that right away or they will push for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!