We got Granite countertops installed in our kitchen. The granite is "Kashmir Gold" and is 2 inches thick. The installer told us that the granite was sealed and we should wait for 24 hrs before cleaning it and using it. We did that.
As soon as we start using it, we see that water is staining it but the stain goes away in a few hours. Oil is also staining it and this stain does not seem to go away.
I contacted the installer and he says that this is a problem with this kind of granite. He also goes on to say that the oil stain will go away in a few weeks.
He offers a 20% discount or complete replacement of the granite for free right away. He's not budged on a bunch of things before and seems to offer the discount too easily. Is there something else that could be going on that I should be concerned about?
Sorry about the long post..
Good point from danielleb. I would ask what the guarantee is on installation. Also ask what "grade" of granite it is. It's commonly known in the trades that there are 2-3 grades of granite and the slabs are priced accordingly. If this was the lowest grade, perhaps you want to upgrade. Just don't tell the installer that right away or they will push for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects