We got Granite countertops installed in our kitchen. The granite is "Kashmir Gold" and is 2 inches thick. The installer told us that the granite was sealed and we should wait for 24 hrs before cleaning it and using it. We did that.
As soon as we start using it, we see that water is staining it but the stain goes away in a few hours. Oil is also staining it and this stain does not seem to go away.
I contacted the installer and he says that this is a problem with this kind of granite. He also goes on to say that the oil stain will go away in a few weeks.
He offers a 20% discount or complete replacement of the granite for free right away. He's not budged on a bunch of things before and seems to offer the discount too easily. Is there something else that could be going on that I should be concerned about?
Sorry about the long post..
Good point from danielleb. I would ask what the guarantee is on installation. Also ask what "grade" of granite it is. It's commonly known in the trades that there are 2-3 grades of granite and the slabs are priced accordingly. If this was the lowest grade, perhaps you want to upgrade. Just don't tell the installer that right away or they will push for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers