plan on building a loft in a 20X24 room with a height of 20 feet sloping down to a side wall height of 10 foot. Are there plan for this or any suggestions.
Depending on the pitch of the roof your headroom for this loft area can be quite limited so keep this in mind when designing. Also be aware of the overall impact the loft can have on the space below. Limit the loft space to 50% or less of the total area. Are there skylights? Will there be cripple-walls. How will the floor load be carried? If you don’t know the answers here then you’d better enlist a designere or architect to help you get it right. Good luck with your project!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!