I received the following quote from a contractor and was wondering if it was a fair quote or not. The work is definitely all needing to be done but it seems a little high to me. Although I have nothing to compare it to at the moment. If anyone could please give me their opinion on the price for the total work being performed I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
- Installation of R-30 loose fill cellulose insulation to the attic
- Venting two bath fans through the roof or the eaves with solid metal ducting material
- Air sealing the duct chase through the attic - Includes sealing of ducts in attic
- Air sealing & insulating the attic access hatch
- Removal of insulation from eaves to ensure adequate attic ventilation
- Installation of rafter vents to ensure adequate attic ventilation
- Installation of Hi-Low return registers on the 2nd floor (this is follow-up work from previously installing a heat pump and ductwork)
$2,475 - price includes details above, materials and labor.