i have a few questions.
First off, i'm building a detached garage, 22x24 in size. I need to know, do the hurricane ties go on the interior of the building, or the exterior of the building on the top plate to connect the trusses?
Also, the garage is close to the aerial supply lines for power, phone and cable. I called the local power company, and they said the garage is far enough away from the lines. The cable and phone are below the power, but they are close to the roof. I'm not directly under the lines. I am off to the side by about 2 1/2 feet. The question is how far from these lines do i have to be, since the phone company is very slow at responding to this.
Lastly, can OSB be used for roof decking?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!