i have a few questions.
First off, i'm building a detached garage, 22x24 in size. I need to know, do the hurricane ties go on the interior of the building, or the exterior of the building on the top plate to connect the trusses?
Also, the garage is close to the aerial supply lines for power, phone and cable. I called the local power company, and they said the garage is far enough away from the lines. The cable and phone are below the power, but they are close to the roof. I'm not directly under the lines. I am off to the side by about 2 1/2 feet. The question is how far from these lines do i have to be, since the phone company is very slow at responding to this.
Lastly, can OSB be used for roof decking?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight