Hello. We are building a 1.5 car garage (14' wide). The house has a hip roof with a pitch of 3.5/12. The garage company specified a hip roof for the garage with a pitch of 4/12. Would the difference in pitch be noticeable visually, or should we specify the same pitch that the house has -- 3.5/12? Both house and garage are one story. The front of the garage measures 14' wide and is 26' long. The house measures 25' wide in front and is 40' long. The garage door will be facing the street and set back from the front of the house about 8', and there will be a 6' walkway between house and garage.
Would it be better to have the same pitch, or is the difference small enough not to be noticeable?
Thanks for any help. We would really appreciate hearing from someone.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Min. Roof Pitch With Skylights
Grading . . . Is this something I can do on my own?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes