Hello. We are building a 1.5 car garage (14' wide). The house has a hip roof with a pitch of 3.5/12. The garage company specified a hip roof for the garage with a pitch of 4/12. Would the difference in pitch be noticeable visually, or should we specify the same pitch that the house has -- 3.5/12? Both house and garage are one story. The front of the garage measures 14' wide and is 26' long. The house measures 25' wide in front and is 40' long. The garage door will be facing the street and set back from the front of the house about 8', and there will be a 6' walkway between house and garage.
Would it be better to have the same pitch, or is the difference small enough not to be noticeable?
Thanks for any help. We would really appreciate hearing from someone.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Min. Roof Pitch With Skylights
Grading . . . Is this something I can do on my own?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees