We are considering having a contractor refurbish our crawl space with the following changes:
- new black visqueen over the 40-year old visqueen.
- Spray foam or caulking over leaking areas (including under the floor)
- R30 batt insulation attached to the underside of the floor (no additional insulation around the perimeter of the crawl space)
- wrapping the ducts and water pipes with insulation
The crawl space has about 8 casement vents, and seasonally has pooling water (not deep enough to go over top of support pilings). The house is 40 years old, single story.
Do these updates sound reasonable?
Thanks very much.
Crawlspace vents...to close or not to close, that is...
Digging Out Crawl Space
DIG OUT CRAWL SPACE TO MAKE A BASEMENT
Questions on crawl space renovation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips