If tiles are not cracked or loose but the wood is damaged under the facia boards (really bad), How can I tell if the roof needs replaced?
Insurance co. says repair and all contractors that inspect say replace.
My roof is 17 years old
I'm frustrated. I want to remove the tiles myself just to know if my roof is secure for the next huricane season.
when your roof was done they probably used regular roofing paper. it has broken down and is not water proofing your home any more. plus 17 years ago we did'nt have products like we do today. to repair you have to pull all the tiles and lay new felt paper tg-2 is good for tile. You might as well replace the roof with a metro shake 2 though for the cost of trying to not damage any of the tiles as you take them of and re-install them. Huge brakage of tile doing this. personally I would never put tile on my house there is much better products now.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers