If tiles are not cracked or loose but the wood is damaged under the facia boards (really bad), How can I tell if the roof needs replaced?
Insurance co. says repair and all contractors that inspect say replace.
My roof is 17 years old
I'm frustrated. I want to remove the tiles myself just to know if my roof is secure for the next huricane season.
when your roof was done they probably used regular roofing paper. it has broken down and is not water proofing your home any more. plus 17 years ago we did'nt have products like we do today. to repair you have to pull all the tiles and lay new felt paper tg-2 is good for tile. You might as well replace the roof with a metro shake 2 though for the cost of trying to not damage any of the tiles as you take them of and re-install them. Huge brakage of tile doing this. personally I would never put tile on my house there is much better products now.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects