If tiles are not cracked or loose but the wood is damaged under the facia boards (really bad), How can I tell if the roof needs replaced?
Insurance co. says repair and all contractors that inspect say replace.
My roof is 17 years old
I'm frustrated. I want to remove the tiles myself just to know if my roof is secure for the next huricane season.
when your roof was done they probably used regular roofing paper. it has broken down and is not water proofing your home any more. plus 17 years ago we did'nt have products like we do today. to repair you have to pull all the tiles and lay new felt paper tg-2 is good for tile. You might as well replace the roof with a metro shake 2 though for the cost of trying to not damage any of the tiles as you take them of and re-install them. Huge brakage of tile doing this. personally I would never put tile on my house there is much better products now.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!