If tiles are not cracked or loose but the wood is damaged under the facia boards (really bad), How can I tell if the roof needs replaced?
Insurance co. says repair and all contractors that inspect say replace.
My roof is 17 years old
I'm frustrated. I want to remove the tiles myself just to know if my roof is secure for the next huricane season.
when your roof was done they probably used regular roofing paper. it has broken down and is not water proofing your home any more. plus 17 years ago we did'nt have products like we do today. to repair you have to pull all the tiles and lay new felt paper tg-2 is good for tile. You might as well replace the roof with a metro shake 2 though for the cost of trying to not damage any of the tiles as you take them of and re-install them. Huge brakage of tile doing this. personally I would never put tile on my house there is much better products now.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight