I am going to be installing cement backer board and ceramic tile on the walls above our shower enclosure. The enclosure is 6 feet high, so I'm only tiling about a 2 foot high section of wall on all sides.
We only have the 1 bathroom, and I would like my family to be able to use the shower or bath during the duration of the project if possible.
Are there any tips for doing this? Can I hang plastic sheeting over everything as the thinset on the joints dries, as well as the tile adhesive and grout? Would that be sufficient enough to protect everything during the project or am I doomed?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love