I am going to be installing cement backer board and ceramic tile on the walls above our shower enclosure. The enclosure is 6 feet high, so I'm only tiling about a 2 foot high section of wall on all sides.
We only have the 1 bathroom, and I would like my family to be able to use the shower or bath during the duration of the project if possible.
Are there any tips for doing this? Can I hang plastic sheeting over everything as the thinset on the joints dries, as well as the tile adhesive and grout? Would that be sufficient enough to protect everything during the project or am I doomed?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!