I am going to be installing cement backer board and ceramic tile on the walls above our shower enclosure. The enclosure is 6 feet high, so I'm only tiling about a 2 foot high section of wall on all sides.
We only have the 1 bathroom, and I would like my family to be able to use the shower or bath during the duration of the project if possible.
Are there any tips for doing this? Can I hang plastic sheeting over everything as the thinset on the joints dries, as well as the tile adhesive and grout? Would that be sufficient enough to protect everything during the project or am I doomed?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING