Hi - I posted this here yesterday, but my post seems to be missing.
I tore out and rebuilt my bathroom recently. The tub was level when I installed it. After tiling the floor and the walls and everything, it appears there was a bit of a shift, and a slight tilt toward the wall that has the showerhead. Water ends up pooling against that wall and staying there, rather than draining back into the tub. I am obviously concerned about this. I would really rather not tear things up, as it would be a huge effort to redo it. Does anyone know something I could install on that end to help the situation?
If there is a puddle of water built up, I would advice you to keep your electrical appliances away. For a very low tech way of solving your problem, you could place an extra absorbent sponge on one or both ends. At least you only need to squeeze them out when you start pooling water and there are no unsightly puddles.
I would suggest you to take out the tiles of the side wall where the tub is lilt. Put some extra concrete at that place to make it level and then cover that are with tiles again. If you think it is a tidy process or can harm your tiles then your can use adhesive absorbent at the wall side where the bath tub it tilt.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!