I'm frustrated about not being able to join pieces of aluminum downspouts into a long run off.
I crimp, I cut, I bend but I cannot seem to shrink one enough to slip into the other.
Any ideas on how to make this task easier?
You say you have crimped. Have you tried the tool for crimping metal that you use for ductwork? Its sold at any box store or tool place. Has 3 teeth on 1 side and 2 on the other.Run it around the whole perimeter of the end of spout sliding the tool all the way the length of its teeth onto the metal. Hope this helps
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love