I'm frustrated about not being able to join pieces of aluminum downspouts into a long run off.
I crimp, I cut, I bend but I cannot seem to shrink one enough to slip into the other.
Any ideas on how to make this task easier?
You say you have crimped. Have you tried the tool for crimping metal that you use for ductwork? Its sold at any box store or tool place. Has 3 teeth on 1 side and 2 on the other.Run it around the whole perimeter of the end of spout sliding the tool all the way the length of its teeth onto the metal. Hope this helps
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING