I'm frustrated about not being able to join pieces of aluminum downspouts into a long run off.
I crimp, I cut, I bend but I cannot seem to shrink one enough to slip into the other.
Any ideas on how to make this task easier?
You say you have crimped. Have you tried the tool for crimping metal that you use for ductwork? Its sold at any box store or tool place. Has 3 teeth on 1 side and 2 on the other.Run it around the whole perimeter of the end of spout sliding the tool all the way the length of its teeth onto the metal. Hope this helps
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects