Switching out a ceiling fan for a regular light
I have removed a ceiling fan\light and am now trying to install a simple light, however, I am running into a problem. I turned off power to the room and turned the switch off. I detached the green ground, the white from white & black from black & blue from blue on ceiling fan, to remove it. The new light has 2 black wires & green ground. See pic attached. When I attached one black to white and other black to black and just capped the blue & green to green. I switched the power on (switch was in the off position on the wall)and the light came ON. My dilemma is that the switch does not turn the light on or off?? Please help.
HI. Yes you need to cap off the black from the ceiling (which is constant) and connect the light to the blue (which is controlled by the switch). Make sure the blue connects to the light socket's center tab (hot) and the white to the outside (neutral).
ceiling fan problem
Ceiling Fan Wiring, 2 hots
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Wiring is Black to White? What..?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!