Neccesary support for deck?
The contractor who is renovating our home seems to be doing very good work, but this makes me a bit nervous. He is installing a 8'X8' deck. He wanted to support the outside corners of the deck close to each end, but a stone wall made this difficult. Instead he is cantilevering the deck at one corner, but the overhang seems to be a lot. That corner overhangs about 26" to one edge and about 18" to the other. The picture kind of exagerates how big the overhang is, but it should give you an idea. Anyone with some experience with this have an opinion? Any help would be great. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight