Neccesary support for deck?
The contractor who is renovating our home seems to be doing very good work, but this makes me a bit nervous. He is installing a 8'X8' deck. He wanted to support the outside corners of the deck close to each end, but a stone wall made this difficult. Instead he is cantilevering the deck at one corner, but the overhang seems to be a lot. That corner overhangs about 26" to one edge and about 18" to the other. The picture kind of exagerates how big the overhang is, but it should give you an idea. Anyone with some experience with this have an opinion? Any help would be great. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!