My kitchen usually has an unpleasant odour. What do I do?
Sometimes food can get trapped in the garbage disposal. You can put fresh lemon slices down in there and run the disposal. It will break up the food and deodorize. There are other "homemade" recipes that you can use with the same results or you can purchase disposal cleaners (I use them every few months and the homemade recipes between).
Do you know where it's generating from? It could be mold somewhere from wetness under the fridge, etc.
You should not keep the food out of the fridge for longer time even that causes odour. Try keeping the windows open.
Can you be more descriptive about the odour? "Nasty" can cover a wide variety of things...any parent will testify to that!
Basically you must keep your kitchen clean, you will never have any odour problem. I have recently installed Oak kitchen cabinets and as the cabinets are new they have a chemical like smell. I usually burn an incense in the morning which eliminates the smell and purify the air by giving an aromatic fragrance.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers