I live in Omaha, NE. I have a double pane sky light in my kitchen that occasionally drips water onto the kitchen floor. The condensation in the upper right of photo is exterior. Dropplets inside collect in aluminum tray which overflows now and then.
Is there a repair for this situation or must I replace the sky light?
It sounds like it might be a humidity issue in the house. Sometimes a dehumidifier in the room will help while other times you might need to direct air toward it to push the warm air away from the window. A long term solution is going to likely require a professional.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office