I have asbestos shingles on my house,any suggestions how I can fasten vinyl siding to my house.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have had to attach new molding to my house. The only way I was able to do it is to Pre-drill for each fastener. I found this out the hardway.(broke several of them) you could pre-drill, but you would have to watch your depth so not to hit any plumbing or wiring. The only other thing other than stripping the whole house is to maybe put up some sheets of 1/8" or 1/4" ply-board over the asbestos, then the insulation, then the vinyl siding. Good luck with you project.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!