am about to finalize my house offer "foreclosure" and found that the sump pit has about 12 inches of water. I checked my neighbors sump pits- no one has even a hint of moisture. Obviously no one has a sump pump. The inspector tells me to put a sump pump- what I am confused is where is the water coming form! He did not have any answer. He and the realtor tell me to fix it after I close on the house and that it may be a problem with a sprinkler of HOA(this is a cottage home in Colorado). Please advise..should I take a chance or am I looking at potential problem. An early response will be appreciated as I have only 3 days to object inspection. Thank you, Lonebuyer.
As I read on Tucson air conditioning site, the base of the pit can be a seamless continuation of the liner sides, or it can be a separate material. In some applications the base is made of gravel to allow the water to be partially absorbed into the soil beneath the pit. If gravel is used, it will be critical that none of it is allowed to enter the pump impellers.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes