My 9 year old vinyal siding home is leaking allowing water to run into my walls and ceiling. I know it is around a window area on the second floor running down into the ceiling of the master on the first floor which is a bay window setting area. I have calked the entire window and sides essentially sealing it, I sprayed with water and it still leaks. My neighbor says it has to be the flashing underneath the window because the house is wrapped in plastic. The flashing must not be underneath the plastic. Could this be the case? I have only been here two years and as soon as it rained heavy the issue started. I have repaired walls and ceiling once after thinking it was fixed...WRONG! Please help quick as more rain is coming.
What kind? Is it over the nail fin of the windows at the top? And under the nail fin on the bottoms?
I could not tell you. I have not got under it yet. I am going to go to the hardware store today and see if they have a tool to remove the siding. I hope to only remove the siding around the window. My neighbor is in stucco. He believes it is flashing. Perhaps small hole made larger by wood expanding due to moisture. It is frustrating. If I knew of someone that really new what they were doing I would hire, but I did that once and and they caulked and left.
Removal of Ivy Remnants from Siding?
Re-Siding my house?!?
Brown stains on siding
Recomendations for vinyl siding with matte finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them