My 9 year old vinyal siding home is leaking allowing water to run into my walls and ceiling. I know it is around a window area on the second floor running down into the ceiling of the master on the first floor which is a bay window setting area. I have calked the entire window and sides essentially sealing it, I sprayed with water and it still leaks. My neighbor says it has to be the flashing underneath the window because the house is wrapped in plastic. The flashing must not be underneath the plastic. Could this be the case? I have only been here two years and as soon as it rained heavy the issue started. I have repaired walls and ceiling once after thinking it was fixed...WRONG! Please help quick as more rain is coming.
What kind? Is it over the nail fin of the windows at the top? And under the nail fin on the bottoms?
I could not tell you. I have not got under it yet. I am going to go to the hardware store today and see if they have a tool to remove the siding. I hope to only remove the siding around the window. My neighbor is in stucco. He believes it is flashing. Perhaps small hole made larger by wood expanding due to moisture. It is frustrating. If I knew of someone that really new what they were doing I would hire, but I did that once and and they caulked and left.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight