My 9 year old vinyal siding home is leaking allowing water to run into my walls and ceiling. I know it is around a window area on the second floor running down into the ceiling of the master on the first floor which is a bay window setting area. I have calked the entire window and sides essentially sealing it, I sprayed with water and it still leaks. My neighbor says it has to be the flashing underneath the window because the house is wrapped in plastic. The flashing must not be underneath the plastic. Could this be the case? I have only been here two years and as soon as it rained heavy the issue started. I have repaired walls and ceiling once after thinking it was fixed...WRONG! Please help quick as more rain is coming.
What kind? Is it over the nail fin of the windows at the top? And under the nail fin on the bottoms?
I could not tell you. I have not got under it yet. I am going to go to the hardware store today and see if they have a tool to remove the siding. I hope to only remove the siding around the window. My neighbor is in stucco. He believes it is flashing. Perhaps small hole made larger by wood expanding due to moisture. It is frustrating. If I knew of someone that really new what they were doing I would hire, but I did that once and and they caulked and left.
Removal of Ivy Remnants from Siding?
Brown stains on siding
Re-Siding my house?!?
Recomendations for vinyl siding with matte finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects