Recently after shutting my garage door from the wall unit, it seemed to hit the ground hard when closing and it now will not open. There is power to the wall and the unit, but when pressing the wall button it does nothing. The outside wall unit and the car remotes do nothing as well. It makes no sounds and you can't even open it manually. It seems to be stuck somehow. Any ideas of what could be wrong?? My handyman is on vacation for two weeks :(
Sounds like a spring or a cable broke.I suggest you don't monkey with it and get a pro for this one.
Garage door won't open when I hit the wall unit or car remote. There's no noise coming from the unit, as if the motor isn't working. Left sensor is solid green and right sensor is solid red. The lights on the power unit work. The wall unit is not locked. Did the motor die? Unit is approx 2 yrs old and hasnt been used much. It worked before. Any suggestions?
call genie customer service for replace controller board. They is a recall on this product. They will sending you replacement part to fix the issue.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!