Having a hard time identifying siding options for a remodeling job on my house. I plan to install OSB sheathing to the studs, Tyvek to the Sheathing and 1-1.5 inches of Poly ISO rigid foam over the Tyvek.
I'd like to install Hardie planks/Hardie Board and batten due to their resistance to damage and sturdiness and ease of maintenance. However, I'm worried about how stable they would be on top of an inch of foam and 1/2 inch sheathing. While Vinyl appears to be the easiest to install, the altitude and subsequent winds would rip it off in months regardless of who installed it.
Any advice is appreciated,
installing hardie planks over rigid foam?
Installing hardi plank siding over asbestos siding?
vinyl siding over T1-11
Vinyl siding over foam insulation board
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight