Having a hard time identifying siding options for a remodeling job on my house. I plan to install OSB sheathing to the studs, Tyvek to the Sheathing and 1-1.5 inches of Poly ISO rigid foam over the Tyvek.
I'd like to install Hardie planks/Hardie Board and batten due to their resistance to damage and sturdiness and ease of maintenance. However, I'm worried about how stable they would be on top of an inch of foam and 1/2 inch sheathing. While Vinyl appears to be the easiest to install, the altitude and subsequent winds would rip it off in months regardless of who installed it.
Any advice is appreciated,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!