Having a hard time identifying siding options for a remodeling job on my house. I plan to install OSB sheathing to the studs, Tyvek to the Sheathing and 1-1.5 inches of Poly ISO rigid foam over the Tyvek.
I'd like to install Hardie planks/Hardie Board and batten due to their resistance to damage and sturdiness and ease of maintenance. However, I'm worried about how stable they would be on top of an inch of foam and 1/2 inch sheathing. While Vinyl appears to be the easiest to install, the altitude and subsequent winds would rip it off in months regardless of who installed it.
Any advice is appreciated,
installing hardie planks over rigid foam?
Installing hardi plank siding over asbestos siding?
vinyl siding over T1-11
Vinyl siding over foam insulation board
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING