We are thinking about getting an attic fan. Our attic seems to be about 150F most of this summer. Who would we look for to do this job -- an electrician? an HVAC person? Please advise. Also ... we had forever-paint done on our home about seven years ago. We only recently have realized that they had painted much of the soffit vents (long thin holes under the gutters). Can those long thin metal things be replaced? Who would we call about that? A carpenter? Could a carpenter do both jobs (the fan and replacing the soffit vents)? Please write soon if possible, as we don't have a/c, and our cape home is very, very hot. Thank you!
Does your home have a ridge vent or does it only have the soffits? This is an important question if you are considering an exhaust fan. Yes the vents can be replaced. How high up is the house?
My husband says that we do have a ridge vent. Will you please tell me what that is? Also, our house is a two floor Cape home. In the front, our roof slopes down to the first floor, and our second floor, in the front, has two dormers. I've seen soffit vents across the front of our house, left to right, near the gutter. I've also seen one above our deck (it sits against a one floor room that connects the house to the garage). The back of our cape home has two full floors, and our gutters are above the second floor. I've never seen them. Where do they usually place soffit vents? Again, I'm concerned because the painters painted over much of the openings on them. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Roof and soffit vents
Is it OK to put stationary louvers (vents) to vent s...
Attic fan for garage
Soffit vents and cathedral ceilings
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects