We are thinking about getting an attic fan. Our attic seems to be about 150F most of this summer. Who would we look for to do this job -- an electrician? an HVAC person? Please advise. Also ... we had forever-paint done on our home about seven years ago. We only recently have realized that they had painted much of the soffit vents (long thin holes under the gutters). Can those long thin metal things be replaced? Who would we call about that? A carpenter? Could a carpenter do both jobs (the fan and replacing the soffit vents)? Please write soon if possible, as we don't have a/c, and our cape home is very, very hot. Thank you!
Does your home have a ridge vent or does it only have the soffits? This is an important question if you are considering an exhaust fan. Yes the vents can be replaced. How high up is the house?
My husband says that we do have a ridge vent. Will you please tell me what that is? Also, our house is a two floor Cape home. In the front, our roof slopes down to the first floor, and our second floor, in the front, has two dormers. I've seen soffit vents across the front of our house, left to right, near the gutter. I've also seen one above our deck (it sits against a one floor room that connects the house to the garage). The back of our cape home has two full floors, and our gutters are above the second floor. I've never seen them. Where do they usually place soffit vents? Again, I'm concerned because the painters painted over much of the openings on them. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Roof and soffit vents
Is it OK to put stationary louvers (vents) to vent s...
Attic fan for garage
Soffit vents and cathedral ceilings
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!