I live in a fairly large home here in CA, where it's very hot during the summer. I keep it at 77 degrees for the AC around this time of the year. Last summer my energy bill was ridiculously high because of the AC unit. Should I still go to a higher degree?
It sounds to me like your AC isn't working efficiently and/or you have a house that leaks cool air like a sieve. I'd start with researching whether you have a large enough AC for your home and then determine whether your windows need to be upgraded. You can also use fans for air flow.
We've had a terrible time keeping air conditioning costs down. I found some ideas online like checking for leaks in windows, doors, roof, etc. as well as keeping shades drawn. Also, be sure to change your air filters regularly too.
hollow aluminum poles app. 18+ feet long, 2 2/1" dia...
Metal edging for countertops
TRIM WITH HARDWOOD FLOORS
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight