I live in a fairly large home here in CA, where it's very hot during the summer. I keep it at 77 degrees for the AC around this time of the year. Last summer my energy bill was ridiculously high because of the AC unit. Should I still go to a higher degree?
It sounds to me like your AC isn't working efficiently and/or you have a house that leaks cool air like a sieve. I'd start with researching whether you have a large enough AC for your home and then determine whether your windows need to be upgraded. You can also use fans for air flow.
We've had a terrible time keeping air conditioning costs down. I found some ideas online like checking for leaks in windows, doors, roof, etc. as well as keeping shades drawn. Also, be sure to change your air filters regularly too.
hollow aluminum poles app. 18+ feet long, 2 2/1" dia...
Metal edging for countertops
TRIM WITH HARDWOOD FLOORS
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING