I live in a fairly large home here in CA, where it's very hot during the summer. I keep it at 77 degrees for the AC around this time of the year. Last summer my energy bill was ridiculously high because of the AC unit. Should I still go to a higher degree?
It sounds to me like your AC isn't working efficiently and/or you have a house that leaks cool air like a sieve. I'd start with researching whether you have a large enough AC for your home and then determine whether your windows need to be upgraded. You can also use fans for air flow.
Heating a Basement
hollow aluminum poles app. 18+ feet long, 2 2/1" dia...
Metal edging for countertops
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!