I plan to re-side my house soon with vinyl siding. I have not been able to get these questions answered by other sources.
I only plan to be in my house for another 5 years, max., so I am trying to install good products, but nothing that I won't get my money out of.
1) If I replace soffits and possibly gutters also, what order is best to do it in? Should I do the soffits and then the siding, or vice versa...
2) Where the siding meets the soffit trim, do i just butt the siding, top trim piece up to the soffit trim piece, or do i need to seal it with something...?
3) In locations where the phone lines attach to the house, or other non-standard situations where there are not special trim pieces (like for faucets, lights...), what is the best way to attach things to, or through the siding?
4) Finally, I had planned to buy the basic siding at Menards. Will that be ok, should I go the next step up as far as quality?
Thank you, any assistance at all is greatly appreciated. I am fairly handy, but have never tackled a siding job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!