I plan to re-side my house soon with vinyl siding. I have not been able to get these questions answered by other sources.
I only plan to be in my house for another 5 years, max., so I am trying to install good products, but nothing that I won't get my money out of.
1) If I replace soffits and possibly gutters also, what order is best to do it in? Should I do the soffits and then the siding, or vice versa...
2) Where the siding meets the soffit trim, do i just butt the siding, top trim piece up to the soffit trim piece, or do i need to seal it with something...?
3) In locations where the phone lines attach to the house, or other non-standard situations where there are not special trim pieces (like for faucets, lights...), what is the best way to attach things to, or through the siding?
4) Finally, I had planned to buy the basic siding at Menards. Will that be ok, should I go the next step up as far as quality?
Thank you, any assistance at all is greatly appreciated. I am fairly handy, but have never tackled a siding job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects