I plan to re-side my house soon with vinyl siding. I have not been able to get these questions answered by other sources.
I only plan to be in my house for another 5 years, max., so I am trying to install good products, but nothing that I won't get my money out of.
1) If I replace soffits and possibly gutters also, what order is best to do it in? Should I do the soffits and then the siding, or vice versa...
2) Where the siding meets the soffit trim, do i just butt the siding, top trim piece up to the soffit trim piece, or do i need to seal it with something...?
3) In locations where the phone lines attach to the house, or other non-standard situations where there are not special trim pieces (like for faucets, lights...), what is the best way to attach things to, or through the siding?
4) Finally, I had planned to buy the basic siding at Menards. Will that be ok, should I go the next step up as far as quality?
Thank you, any assistance at all is greatly appreciated. I am fairly handy, but have never tackled a siding job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps