I plan to re-side my house soon with vinyl siding. I have not been able to get these questions answered by other sources.
I only plan to be in my house for another 5 years, max., so I am trying to install good products, but nothing that I won't get my money out of.
1) If I replace soffits and possibly gutters also, what order is best to do it in? Should I do the soffits and then the siding, or vice versa...
2) Where the siding meets the soffit trim, do i just butt the siding, top trim piece up to the soffit trim piece, or do i need to seal it with something...?
3) In locations where the phone lines attach to the house, or other non-standard situations where there are not special trim pieces (like for faucets, lights...), what is the best way to attach things to, or through the siding?
4) Finally, I had planned to buy the basic siding at Menards. Will that be ok, should I go the next step up as far as quality?
Thank you, any assistance at all is greatly appreciated. I am fairly handy, but have never tackled a siding job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs