Would ethanol burners be cost efficent?
My wife found these ethanol burners recently, and we are thinking of putting one in our apartment. We do not have good insulation in our house, but as we are renting, there is not much that we can do about that. Do you think that these would be cost efficient? I am pretty sure that they will heat up our small area with little effort, and I know that they look great, I just have the one concern. If you would not recommend on e of these, what would you recommend?
It depends on the room size you wish to heat? As I have had 2 year experience with a bioethanol burner in my home I would disregard daniellebs comment as this is simple not true. My burner is 600mm long and set into an old hearth in my front room, 3.5 KW is it's max setting. I got my burner from this company http:\\www.contemporaryelements.co.uk/Bioethanol-burners They have a reasonable range of burners you can use in your own setting or a large range of there own designs, including coffee tables! My fire uses about 0.6 Litres of bioethanol fuel per hour. Hope this helps.
Thanks danielleb and joney for your comments. It would be good to hear from some others to see how they have fared with them.
Sorry, but my post is both simple and true. Even the people that sell these will tell you that they can't be relied upon as your primary heat source. If the OP has bad insulation and needs a source of heat that's cheap and effective, this shouldn't be seen as one. If the OP is wanting something that's pretty to look at and may take the edge off of the chill in a small enough room, sure they should consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY