Would ethanol burners be cost efficent?
My wife found these ethanol burners recently, and we are thinking of putting one in our apartment. We do not have good insulation in our house, but as we are renting, there is not much that we can do about that. Do you think that these would be cost efficient? I am pretty sure that they will heat up our small area with little effort, and I know that they look great, I just have the one concern. If you would not recommend on e of these, what would you recommend?
It depends on the room size you wish to heat? As I have had 2 year experience with a bioethanol burner in my home I would disregard daniellebs comment as this is simple not true. My burner is 600mm long and set into an old hearth in my front room, 3.5 KW is it's max setting. I got my burner from this company http:\\www.contemporaryelements.co.uk/Bioethanol-burners They have a reasonable range of burners you can use in your own setting or a large range of there own designs, including coffee tables! My fire uses about 0.6 Litres of bioethanol fuel per hour. Hope this helps.
Thanks danielleb and joney for your comments. It would be good to hear from some others to see how they have fared with them.
Sorry, but my post is both simple and true. Even the people that sell these will tell you that they can't be relied upon as your primary heat source. If the OP has bad insulation and needs a source of heat that's cheap and effective, this shouldn't be seen as one. If the OP is wanting something that's pretty to look at and may take the edge off of the chill in a small enough room, sure they should consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!