Would ethanol burners be cost efficent?
My wife found these ethanol burners recently, and we are thinking of putting one in our apartment. We do not have good insulation in our house, but as we are renting, there is not much that we can do about that. Do you think that these would be cost efficient? I am pretty sure that they will heat up our small area with little effort, and I know that they look great, I just have the one concern. If you would not recommend on e of these, what would you recommend?
It depends on the room size you wish to heat? As I have had 2 year experience with a bioethanol burner in my home I would disregard daniellebs comment as this is simple not true. My burner is 600mm long and set into an old hearth in my front room, 3.5 KW is it's max setting. I got my burner from this company http:\\www.contemporaryelements.co.uk/Bioethanol-burners They have a reasonable range of burners you can use in your own setting or a large range of there own designs, including coffee tables! My fire uses about 0.6 Litres of bioethanol fuel per hour. Hope this helps.
Thanks danielleb and joney for your comments. It would be good to hear from some others to see how they have fared with them.
Sorry, but my post is both simple and true. Even the people that sell these will tell you that they can't be relied upon as your primary heat source. If the OP has bad insulation and needs a source of heat that's cheap and effective, this shouldn't be seen as one. If the OP is wanting something that's pretty to look at and may take the edge off of the chill in a small enough room, sure they should consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes