Would ethanol burners be cost efficent?
My wife found these ethanol burners recently, and we are thinking of putting one in our apartment. We do not have good insulation in our house, but as we are renting, there is not much that we can do about that. Do you think that these would be cost efficient? I am pretty sure that they will heat up our small area with little effort, and I know that they look great, I just have the one concern. If you would not recommend on e of these, what would you recommend?
It depends on the room size you wish to heat? As I have had 2 year experience with a bioethanol burner in my home I would disregard daniellebs comment as this is simple not true. My burner is 600mm long and set into an old hearth in my front room, 3.5 KW is it's max setting. I got my burner from this company http:\\www.contemporaryelements.co.uk/Bioethanol-burners They have a reasonable range of burners you can use in your own setting or a large range of there own designs, including coffee tables! My fire uses about 0.6 Litres of bioethanol fuel per hour. Hope this helps.
Thanks danielleb and joney for your comments. It would be good to hear from some others to see how they have fared with them.
Sorry, but my post is both simple and true. Even the people that sell these will tell you that they can't be relied upon as your primary heat source. If the OP has bad insulation and needs a source of heat that's cheap and effective, this shouldn't be seen as one. If the OP is wanting something that's pretty to look at and may take the edge off of the chill in a small enough room, sure they should consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps