Lightly textured, whitish vinyl with light coloured flowerish pattern. Did one small section and 80% peeled off in larger sections (paper and adhesive), leaving 20% where paper peeled but leaving seemingly unremoveable adhesive. Steps to paint over remaining paper ? I will skim coat, prime and paper over section with remaining adhesive but do I have to have to skim coat over the rest of the current paper or can I go straight to a prime? Does it have to be an oil based prime?
Prime recomendations re: whose product and name of same? I have more pics if necessary.