The house siding is T-111. It was neglected and after 20 years developed wood rot approx. one inch into ground end of the panel. I'm not ready to replace the siding so I'm searching for a way to repair the damage. I been told a mixture of anti-freeze and boric acid would cure the rot. I was thinking of cutting 1-2 inches from the ground end removing the most significant rot, apply the mixture and then nailing trim piece over the cut end. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas about this or am I wasting my time?
Possible to Wood or Vinyl side over T-111?
Rotted T-111 Siding
Siding - what's the best product for Spokane Washington
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!