How can I make "stick" the fiberglass cloth to the Foam or what can I use. I have tried glue and it won't stick, also "scratch and brown" cement and it won't stick...is there a glue I can use? or a defferent method.
The Foam was installed first on to the wall, now I need to install the mesh so the stucco will stick.
First off, if the foam has turned yellow, and is powdery, it must be rasped down to fresh foam. It will Oxidize over time. After that, you should use a base coat that has a polymer in it so it wont crack. I suggest that you have a stucco-pro look at it because it is a "skilled" trade that is more involved than it looks. Improper application/ venting, and caulking has kept me very busy with homes rotting from the inside out.
Painted Stucco - I need to redo it...please advise
Stucco over lath and felt paper
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!