I've read a number of posts on here about venting but didn't see the answer to my exact question. I have a 1950 house in Atlanta, GA. with no soffit vents, but 2 gable vents and 2 turbines. I am getting estimates for a new roof. One person gave me an estimate which included installing new turbines. Another recommended removing the turbines and installing a ridge vent (98'), and his estimate includes that, and is about $500 more than the other guy. Otherwise, they seem about the same. Would ridge vents be so much better than the turbines I currently have that it would be worth $500 extra?
Thanks for advice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!