I've read a number of posts on here about venting but didn't see the answer to my exact question. I have a 1950 house in Atlanta, GA. with no soffit vents, but 2 gable vents and 2 turbines. I am getting estimates for a new roof. One person gave me an estimate which included installing new turbines. Another recommended removing the turbines and installing a ridge vent (98'), and his estimate includes that, and is about $500 more than the other guy. Otherwise, they seem about the same. Would ridge vents be so much better than the turbines I currently have that it would be worth $500 extra?
Thanks for advice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!