I've read a number of posts on here about venting but didn't see the answer to my exact question. I have a 1950 house in Atlanta, GA. with no soffit vents, but 2 gable vents and 2 turbines. I am getting estimates for a new roof. One person gave me an estimate which included installing new turbines. Another recommended removing the turbines and installing a ridge vent (98'), and his estimate includes that, and is about $500 more than the other guy. Otherwise, they seem about the same. Would ridge vents be so much better than the turbines I currently have that it would be worth $500 extra?
Thanks for advice.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight