Which products are the materials of choice: Engineered Wood, Cedar, or Cement Board? Is it best if you are not using Cedar to have pre-finished?
WHich manufacture is best: Hardie Board, LP Smart Side...
I would go with the cement siding as it will be the most stable and it will not rot like the wood or engineered wood. I like to see siding finished on site as that way you know what product is used. As far as painting the siding I would do a full exterior acrylic primer coat and follow it with two coats of an exterior acrylic house paint and be sure to get the best product that the paint store carries. The best finish coat will not cost that much more but will last a few years longer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects