Which products are the materials of choice: Engineered Wood, Cedar, or Cement Board? Is it best if you are not using Cedar to have pre-finished?
WHich manufacture is best: Hardie Board, LP Smart Side...
I would go with the cement siding as it will be the most stable and it will not rot like the wood or engineered wood. I like to see siding finished on site as that way you know what product is used. As far as painting the siding I would do a full exterior acrylic primer coat and follow it with two coats of an exterior acrylic house paint and be sure to get the best product that the paint store carries. The best finish coat will not cost that much more but will last a few years longer.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight